February 12, 2019 – According to a Netscribes’ report published on Research on Global Markets, the digital gaming market in India is expected to witness a significant compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecasted period of 2018-2023.
According to the report, India is becoming a popular outsourcing destination got global gaming giants due to a number of factors. Increase in internet and smartphone penetration, advancements in technologies, availability of skilled game developers, availability of applications on IOS, Android and Microsoft Windows, rising income level and change in gaming preference has led to a rapid upsurge in the country’s gaming market.
Digital gaming can be played across single player, multi-player and massively multiplayer formats on devices such as computers, mobiles and console devices. Presently the digital gaming market in India is experiencing a shift from console gaming to mobile gaming due to the improvement in wireless connectivity in the country. India has the second largest smartphone users, globally. The Indian digital gaming industry is gaining major traction primarily due to the technological advancements it has achieved over the years. Many of the latest games use attractive 3D graphics to keep the gamers hooked and wanting for more.
One of the major challenges faced by game development companies in India is the easy availability of pirated games across various online sources as well as in CD/DVD formats for free or very low costs.
Key highlights of this report:
1. Trends in the digital gaming market in India.
2. Historical, current and forecasted market size data for the Indian digital gaming market (2016 to 2023)
3. Types of games played in India- Percentage split
4. Supply chain analysis
5. Qualitative analysis of the global drivers and challenges affecting the market and its segments
6. Porters’ five forces analysis
7. Market segmentation based on technology ( mobile gaming, computer gaming, console gaming)- market size and growth forecast
8. Detailed analysis of the key developments and major innovations in the market
9. Analysis of the competitive landscape and profiles of major players operating in the market
For more information, download the Digital gaming market in India: